Swim bladder problems with ryukin goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish they had the percent for this product but as it comes from the GC, I am assuming their dose is based on 5mg/l. 1/4tsp sounds about right- its ok if its a bit more as prazi is extremely safe. Make sure you predissolve the powder before adding- powder prazi is not very soluable in water. Dose it based on your normal wc schedule. If you normally do 2+ wcs a week, just simply do big wcs and redose to your tank size. Waiting 7 days is not necessary as prazi's effectiveness is said to be @3-4 days and can be safely redosed at these intervals if needed. Just make sure the wcs are big ones. You will want to treat for atleast 4 weeks and consider retreating again in the future. Opinions vary treatment schedules- some recommend lengthy cycles (3 on/1 off/3 on or 4 on/1 off/4 on) but its debatable if one method is more or less effective than another. Please ask if you have questions!

I wish they had the percent for this product but as it comes from the GC, I am assuming their dose is based on 5mg/l. 1/4tsp sounds about right- its ok if its a bit more as prazi is extremely safe. Make sure you predissolve the powder before adding- powder prazi is not very soluable in water. Dose it based on your normal wc schedule. If you normally do 2+ wcs a week, just simply do big wcs and redose to your tank size. Waiting 7 days is not necessary as prazi's effectiveness is said to be @3-4 days and can be safely redosed at these intervals if needed. Just make sure the wcs are big ones. You will want to treat for atleast 4 weeks and consider retreating again in the future. Opinions vary treatment schedules- some recommend lengthy cycles (3 on/1 off/3 on or 4 on/1 off/4 on) but its debatable if one method is more or less effective than another. Please ask if you have questions!

I read that you need to pre-dissolve before dosing. I thought I'd use tank water for that, after a water change. I do between 50-60% water changes 3 X weekly. Good to know that I would re-dose for tank volume.

Some folks also recommend treating your pond fish with it as a prophylactic measure once in the spring and also in the fall.

Yep! And it's always a good idea to treat any new fish in qt so you do not put your other fish at risk. Other than dechlorinator, prazi is the most used product I keep. :)

I read that you need to pre-dissolve before dosing. I thought I'd use tank water for that, after a water change. I do between 50-60% water changes 3 X weekly. Good to know that I would re-dose for tank volume.

Some folks also recommend treating your pond fish with it as a prophylactic measure once in the spring and also in the fall.

When I use it I scoop a little tank water into a small container and put the dose in the container in the morning. Then by the time I do my pwc at night it is mostly dissolved so I can add it at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom