Tuberculosis? **Update**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So hey guys, I just want to tell you all that I am scared out of my mind. I didn't even see this post about wearing gloves. I had forgotten that I had a scab on my left thumb from when I accidentally cut myself with a kitchen knife two weeks ago. I am scared to put my hands in the tank now, and I was doing it a lot the past few days. Anyway, the only symptoms they really have is a curvature.

If you are concerned check with your doctor. If you feel fairly certain your fish have TB, that would be the best course of action.

Time will tell... :). For me and my fish.

I have been reading around and I read that curing and treating TB in fish is very difficult. I don't want it to spread to my other fish, so what should I do? Should I remove the one's with cruved abdomens?

TB is mostly spread by cannibalism, so unless you suspect they will die soon, removal is not necessary. Try levamisole for the possibility of intestinal parasites like camallanus. If that doesn't help, try Gel-tek tetracycline medicated gel food by aquarium products. You may have to mix it with other food or put it on pellets to get your fish to eat it.

I am proud to say their bellies are finally rounding out! Maybe they were just underfed before I bought them. I am so happy to see they are getting better.

Back
Top Bottom