Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

unkown illness

The problem is that i have found more then one thing that might match this. So a few days ago my fish (3 of them 2 angelfish, and a leapord cetepoma) starting one by one got like these white things on them. Not ich and it was only a few on them mainly around there head. They were white but not like ich were its almost like salt it was white and string like. First the leapord then the angles. They are there for a day or 2 but then they dissapear or lessen. Today i wake up and among the 3 fish today there is 1 spot maybe 2 on the leapord and the angelfish dont have many either but the 1 angelfish (gold) his stomach seems thin and he isnt eating and has swollen eyes. And in doing research i got like 3 diseases possible. Any suggestions or thoughts on treatment?

Thanks for the help.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:29 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Not some sort of parasite? Any marks on fish?

Old 05-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

No, other then the what i think is some sort of fungus on the fish. I think they are able to rub it off. The worst fish (the one angelfish) has the bloated eye and it seems a string of it is growing form behind the eye and it is the longest. It dosent grow in patches it is like a slightly fuzzy string. And its not like coating the body its more speratic on the body of the fish. I jsut dont know what medicine to use and whether i should treat the whole tank or set them up in a QT tank.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #4
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Is it after any change in the tank or pwc or anything? Maybe your unlucky and there are few things going on in the tank

Tags
illness

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com