waah! another accident! This time one of my favorites!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christmasfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alvilda, the other half to my Christmasfish Blackbeard died today. I tried to revive her , but she slowly lost movement and luster and faded away.
I was heartbrken. I put her into the emptyish tank that had the chocolate breeding pair to recover better from somehow tearing out one of her ventral fins. It was looking funky so I wanted to keep an eye on her water quality. The heater was dying unbeknowst to me. It was letting current leak int the water..it killed a good number of baby apples(the larger portion crawled above the water to safety in the moist leaves of dying plants). And it killed my alvilda. Whe I checked on her today after shopping I thoughther already gone! But when I lifted her out, she wiggled feebly and swiveled her eye my direction. I tried to save her, but she was never one for high spirits. She just snuggeled in my palm like usual but slowly went. :cry: :cry:
I only have a single Christmasfish left now...The horrible tank mate and striking colored pet: Dragon the wild dwarf gourami.

what kinda heater u got? one to stay away from or just a lemon..

oh yeah not trying to be disrespectful to the fish but how is this one o ur favorites?

Sorry to hear this. You've really had a string of bad luck with all things electrical. Hope things start looking up.

Back
Top Bottom