What should i do with my new 10g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corinne118s

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys! I just bought a 10 gal tank and started to plant it pretty heavily. (upload pics soon). I want to put one or two dwarf puffers after I cycle but I have a question..

I have a Betta in a 2.5g. He was doing fine until today seems he has swim bladder I'm assuming it was too many blackworms (only thing I can get him to eat). He seemed perfectly happy and healthy until this.

Is it selfish of me to get new fish, aka DP, when my Betta may or may not be better there?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

No your ten gallon is for your dp and not for your Betta. The only reason you should feel guilty is if you are using you ten gallon as a a qt

not sure if this goes for tropicals, but I had a large goldfish with swimbladder disease and I was told to feed it peas..it ate enough, I guess and got well. Not sure why that worked, but it did. And I'm also not sure your betta would eat peas, but it might be worth a try :)

That's what I heard but I just stopped feeding for about 3 days now an he's swimming a lot better looks happy :) glad it didn't get worse. I'll hve to find a way to convince him to eat the pellets..

Thanks for the advice I'll continue cycling my 10g for the DP :) so excited my collection is growing!

Do you have a filter in your Betta tank. I think that if you wait a week or two without feeding your Betta it will eventually eat the pellets because it is hungry. Not he bows that he will get bloodworm so he doesn't bother eating the pellets.

Back
Top Bottom