What's on My Danio?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catfishkid

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently got a new batch of danios this past weekend (saturday to be exact) and I noticed a small whitish welt on the back of one. It has since gotten bigger and I don't know what it is!

image-3038999287.jpgimage-2198704848.jpg
image-1702587907.jpg

It may something similar to an abscess in mammals. Since it is growing so quickly, there is fair chance it may soon burst. If it does and whitish stuff comes out, the fish will probably be fine once it's all drained, if the wound does not get infected.

Don't try to hasten the process. If it does not burst, and grows fast, there's always a chance it is a tumour, in which case the fish will probably die. I hope not.. the abscess is much more survivable.

Keep the water very, very clean. If you are using these fish to cycle a tank, there's a fair chance the fish will die because it's an added stress, being unwell and in less than cycled clean water. If possible, I'd return it to the store and ask for a replacement, as it must have had this when you got it.

Thank you for answering. Although it appears I'm to late, I just looked in the tank and he is...dead.

Back
Top Bottom