White patches on fins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oohitsae

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been treating my main sorority tank for columnaris for about 2 weeks now with maracyn plus first and then furan 2 the second round, which ended this past Thursday. The columnaris seems to have cleared up, I havent noticed it on anyone since before I stopped treating, but I am seeing these white patches on 3 different girls fins. All 3 of them have clear looking fins if that has to do with anything. None of these 3 had any signs of columnaris at any time, but I treated the entire tank so why didn't the medication work for this? It isnt fuzzy and its too big to be Ich IME.
one of the girls has it on her anal fin and it almost looks like it is melting at the end. I couldnt get a clear picture of her, but was able to get one of one of the others.

Anyways, if anyone has any idea what this is please let me know what it is and how I can treat.
img_2356872_0_185b9a94d58a69b7375b4df3eb5420d8.jpg

JJust to try to clarify things, in case I missed anything....

1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).
Betta, white patches on fins.
2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10
pH: 7.8
Hardness: 11
Alkalinity: 9
3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
26 gallons
4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known.
Aquaclear 50
5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?
6 bettas 5 cories and a few endlers as temp housing
6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time?
I did one today. I usually do it 2x per week, since I started treating for the columnaris I've started doing it 3+/week
7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
I've had the 3 affected ones for 2 months. I recently added the few endlers in there, but they were QT'd. They are all drip acclimated when they first arrive to me. If they are moving to a new tank or something they are cupped and acclimated to new temp over the course of 30 minutes.
8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
Nothing has been added other than the endlers and they were QT'd first like previously mentioned. (What started the Columnaris was another female betta that came in about a month ago that apparently had it and I think somehow I cross contaminated.
9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?
Bettas: new life spectrum betta, or Attison's betta pro.
Endlers: omega one tropical flakes
Cories: API Bottom feeder pellets

If you need anymore info, just let me know, I will be happy to provide it!

Can someone please help me?
It was mentioned that it could be ich by one of my friends, but I feel like these are too big to be ich?

Back
Top Bottom