White spot, red halo on Gold Barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daveyjohn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Got a call from one of the kids back home saying that one of the Gold Barbs in her tank has what looks like a sore on it's side. I am not there in person, but she sent me a couple of pictures from her phone. Was hoping someone here could tell me what I am looking at, and what I should tell her to do about it.

It's an inherited tank, about 40 gallons in size. 4 of the Barbs, 9 Silver Tetras, 3 Chinese (i think) algae eaters, 2 Gourami and one Giant Daino. The tetras and algae eaters are recent additions from about a month back, whereas the rest were in the tank for several years.

pH should be around 7, water usually around 75F. Water changes are around 1/2 twice a month with gravel cleanings at the same time. Don't have any info on the filter quality/type with me.

Had another barb removed from the tank a few weeks ago with what I think was dropsy (bigtime pineconing), and one of the tetras got stuck on the filter, but everything has seemed healthy beyond that.

Thanks in advance if anyone can offer suggestions.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom