zebra danio missing scales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frank_the_Tank

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 5 zebra danios, plus tank mates in the sig in a 10 gallon. I noticed a few weeks ago one of them had a patch of scales missing, and figured it might have just gotten scraped on a decoration or something. I've been watching since then, and that wound has been healing. Well today is has another wound on the same side, and I'm wondering what could be causing this. I have never seen any aggression between any of the fish. No other fish have wounds, and all of them including the wounded fish are acting normally. water parameters are fine, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, ~10 ppm nitrate. I do pwc every 4 days. Tank has been setup for about 2 months. Any help is appreciated.

I would try to take the injured danio out. Do you have a QT tank, or a Rubbermaid container to put him in? I would treat with MelaFix. If it seems severe, I would try MelaFix along with PimaFix.

If you don't have any way to separate him, MelaFix and PimaFix do not harm the biological filter, but remove any carbon while treating. The meds should help heal the wound while preventing a bacteria or fungal infection from occuring.

Back
Top Bottom