Aiptasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just noticed this..is it aiptasia? I haven't added anything new in months and this bugger appeared in the last week. Can i just cut him off the rock or scorch him with hydrogen peroxide? I don't see others...yet.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1476056181216.jpg
    1476056181216.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 86
Just to add...I hit it with some boiling RO water...it disappeared...I'm sure it just pulled back into it's base, but I'm hoping it did enough to kill it.

I examined the rest of the rock (as best as I could from the outside of the tank), and don't see any others on the rock. Hopefully I won't need to get peppermint shrimp (i've heard hit or miss things with them and aiptasia and they aren't all reef-safe), or a berghia nudibranch (can't find them anywhere).

Well, the boiling RO didn't do it. Take 2...either aiptasia-x or a peppermint shrimp, whichever my LFS has in stock. and maybe some epoxy putty to cover the thing up.

Ap-x works great, no need to putty after

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lemon juice, boil it and suck it up in a syringe and inject into it. Works great for me and the few I've had pop up

Go ap-x, if you go peppermint shrimp once they eat all the apistatia they will stave or eat your corals to stay alive. If you want one, see if you can borrow one from your lfs.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom