Here are some photos with the lights off and the flash from my phone. I shut down skimmer and reactor for a few days and have been trying to syphon off as much as possible. Here are my parameters from today:
: between 0-0.25 ppm
: 0 ppm
: 9 (Hanna)
Ill try to get additional photos with normal lighting when the lights come on. Any suggestions? I read the all dino threads I could find and am trying some things to help out.
This is what I have done so far:
1) Weekly 10 gallon water changes (47 gallon bow front with 10 gallon sump): this seems to make the problem worse so im considering stopping.
2) shut down skimmer and reactor
3) added trochus, nassarius, and cerith snails (to restock cleaning crew. I only had a few astrea snails left)
4) added automatic feeder (for consistency)
5) dosing daily BRS A and B (to increase DkH
): ordering doser to add more consistency
I did notice my Pod population was non -existant in the tank. Should I add pods
and dose live phyto? Im considering a lights out period but am aboiding it bc i recently (2 weeks ago) added and Acan that my wife is in love with.
Here is my normal feeding routing:
1) new life spectum pellets (autofeeder)
2) frozen mysis or brine for target feeding corals once a week
3) reef roids target feeding for corals
4) considering adding live phyto to get pod population up and make corals happy