Clownfish Color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chevy55Post

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am new to this addictive (saltwater) hobby and have a question that I can not find any related threads. My 25 Gallon Tank has been up for around 50 days - everything is in line and has been going well.

I Purchased 2 Ocellaris Tank Bread (juveniles) from LFS about 10 days ago. When I got them home I noticed one of them (the smaller) had a lighter white stripe around the tail. The day after they were in my tank and I had a chance to really view both - I noticed that the tail band on the smaller one is almost clear. Will the tail band turn to a bright white as the other bands or will it stay almost transparent? Is this normal? Is there anything I need to do? They are both healthy and eat well. The only other items in the tank at this time are two Turbo Snails and LR. The banding on tail of the bottom clownfish in the picture is related to my question. Has anyone seen this before?

DSC02567.jpg

This is what is known as a mis-bar. It's not a defect, it's just a mutation. My Maroon Goldband clown's bars only go halfway down from the top. I thought this gave him some flavor!
It probably will stay that way, and won't effect him in the slightest. It's purely aesthetic,
Some of these genetic mutations are what allow breeders to come up with all the different types of clowns that we see today on the market.

Back
Top Bottom