Coral / Gorgonian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bstorer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone know the species? Any info about it would be a help. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1424576922774.jpg
    1424576922774.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 143
Thank you!

Hey Sniperhank. I know it's been awhile since you answered my question, but I have a few others. I have looked up the purple tree gorg...not 100% sure that is what it is, but it is the closest I could find. So thank you for that. It has probably doubled the amount of polyps since this picture, will the stalk grow or branch out more? There are polyps at the end of each branch. Is the stalk made from calcium? I have the biocube 29 with the stock lighting, do you think it's current location in the sand bed is good? The flow there is fairly strong. Thank you!

Is it like this?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1428980041937.jpg
    1428980041937.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 66
I think the polyps on your pic look more like what I have. Mine seems to be closer together, but I am sure each is different.

Oh ok. I got it from the LFS that way...I have noticed it starting to cover in other areas that had the tissue loss. Thanks!

Mine grows like crazy, and its braching off way too much where I had to set it lower and hiding it behind rocks.

I like yours. Hopefully mine continues to grow more polyps. Mine hasn't grown any new branches yet.

Mine not only branching off but also dropping pieces of it at the end of the branch. It kind of like due to gravity pull, it dripping off and detaching itself out. I just don't bother to glue them on frag anymore... instead I let them stick in rock cracks.

If u look at the left branch its starting to drop off a piece soon.

Wow. So mine is at the bottom, in a Biocube 29. If I had it in the middle would it do better?

Med flow, med lights

Back
Top Bottom