Coral ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrndHog

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got this yesterday at LFS by trading in my xenia frags. To me, its so unusal that I had to have it. All that I know is that its a hard coral.

Thanks for the help

Thanks guys, any special instruction on its care? Right now its in the SB and seems to like it, it is in a med flow area also.

I really don't know that much about them, just that it will do better on the sand where you have it. Medium light, medium flow. It's also considered an aggressive coral so you don't want to put it to close to other corals. Good luck with it.

Yes, that is an Elegance coral. One of my all time favorites. They used to be considered an easy to keep coral, but recently have have had a very poor survival record in capitivity. No one really knows why but the collection and transport method have come into question. I have had three of these corals. The first two died within weeks of adding to my tank. The thrid I have had for months and it is doing great. I have found success in burying the cone in the LS substrate and target feeding it wth DT's and mysis once a week. My current coral is doing great and is a lot larger then when I got it. Good luck...Lando

Thank you for the info Cindy and Lando. What I've noticed in the one I have is that seems to have 4 to 5 "mouths" along the skeleton. It looks like it would devour mysis or any other food.

I'm going to feed it tonight.

Thanks again

xenia is beautiful

I was noticing in the picture that your xenia is beautiful and wide spread. How did you get it to multiply? did it multiply quick or did it take a few years?

xenia is beautiful

I was noticing in the picture that your xenia is beautiful and wide spread. How did you get it to multiply? did it multiply quick or did it take a few years?

I have had my tank up for about 13 months now, the xenias started out as little frags. Now they are basiclly taking over my 150 gal tank.

The majority of my corals and fish were exchanged for xenia frags. All my dry goods now are aquired that way through lfs wanting my frags. Thecoral in this post is exchanged for 6 good size xenia frags. the lfs wanted $59 for it so I brought him 6 nice pieces of xenia.

I dont know what it is but xenia's thrive in my tank

Back
Top Bottom