coral that appeared out of the blue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rokcrawla

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive had this tank set up for a little over a year now, and about 6 months ago one of these things popped up, at least 6 months since my last addition to the tank. Now theres quite a few of them. Im really curious as to what they are so I can make sure to give them what they need because their kinda cool.

Thanks,
Josh

Attachments

• coral_785.jpg
    coral_785.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 178
Not cool actually quite the nuisance. Google Aiptasia.

Cheers
Steve

in a 10 gallon tank, what are my options as far as predators that will be happy in there and have enough room while not eating my other corals? (all I have is some polyps and some mushrooms but Im thinking about adding 1 more coral just not sure what yet) I also have a damsel in there and a couple small hermit crabs already so I dont want to overdo it on fish.

If you removed the damsel you could try a small species of clown (mated pair perhaps) but there are no real predator fish species you can keep in a tank that size.

Cheers
Steve

Peppermint shrimp eat Aiptasia. Might wanna look into buying 1 or 2 of those. Cool little shrimp, my mom just got one for her 24g nano cube.

Definitely the Peppermint shrimp. They cured my tank of aiptasia. Just be sure it is a Peppermint and not a Camel shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom