Glass crawler with dove tail (1mm)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fungus

Aquarium Advice Regular
This little critter (1mm long) has a forked / dovetail. Saw it on the glass. What is it?

Attachments

• Aquarium_002.JPG
    Aquarium_002.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 123
Uh oh. I haven't seen more than one in my tank so far and not since I took that photo last week. What can I do to prevent an infestation? My tank is reef.

They like to live on the live rock and at the base of certian corals, so there are probably more you can't see. I have been battleing with them in my pico tank myself. Flatworm Exit (Salifert Flat Worm Exit - AquaCave) works pretty well at killing them, the problem with flatworms is that when they died they release a toxin in to the water. So the safest way to take care of them is so suck them out with a turkey baster, unfortunatly its the most time consuming. I have been doing a combination of the two, I'll suck a few out a day then hit it with Flatworm exit every week or so. It has been slowly taking there numbers down. You could give that a try, how big is your tank?

Back
Top Bottom