Help . . . Nudibranch (or Slug) ID & Questons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spiker_man

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Was checking out my reef tank like I do every evening and saw what looked like a piece of dying coral on some live rock. Looked closer and saw that it was moving. Dang . . . I've got a nudibranch (or maybe some type of slug). Thought it would be so easy to identify . . . I didn't realize how many there are. Any one have any experience with them? What do they eat?

Here's some background on my tank. It's been up and running for almost 2 years. I've got live rock, inverts, fish, etc. Evidently he (or she) hitch-hiked in on some live rock or coral. I haven't added any live rock or corals to the tank in about 3-4 months. Everything I've read says that nudibranchs are short-lived and will probably starve in an aquarium. That may be so, but this thing had to come from somewhere and she's definitely been in the tank for a while. She doesn't look like she's starving to me. So what is she eating???

As the image shows, she's white with small bumpy protrusions. She's about 2-3" long and maybe 1/2-3/4" of an inch wide.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks mr_X. Checked out5 the links you provided and no luck in identifying my critter. I'll stop worrying about what she is and just enjoy her whenever she pops out onto the live rock again. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom