Hitch hiker ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rilesjr44

Aquarium Advice Activist
He pics might be hard to see but it comes out at night it's a hairy looking little crab bout a 1/4" what kind of crab and is it bad thank.

image-1828983361.jpg

Attachments

• image-2271447098.jpg
    image-2271447098.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 107
Could be an emerald crab of some fashion or a porcelain. I had a Carribean porcelain hitchhike on one of my pieces but they're not known to be hairy. Emeralds and decorator crabs are known to be quite hairy and to hitch hike.

I have 2 clowns 1 diamond gobey and 3 blue green wrasses

I've never heard of a teddy bear? But yes I agree that it's definitely not a porcelain.

It's tiny also don't think it's a teddy bear I googled that and doesn't really look like it

I have had several of the brown fuzzy legged ones like you had in a fowlr and they were just fine. Reef safe, don't know, but fowlr safe, yes. However, I think they were eventually dinner for some of my fish, ie trigger and puffer at the time.

Good luck.

When I said hairy emerald I meant their hairy legs. I've never seen or heard of teddy bear crabs. Learn something new everyday!

Back
Top Bottom