I am new to saltwater and hava a few questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ericwm

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 29 gallon. I currently have a six line wrasse, a fire fish, ~12 hermits and a colony of polyps. I have been enjoying my tank and can't wait for new inhabitants. I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what my polyps are? I also got a couple hitch hikers on my polyps live rock, any help identifying them would be appreciated, the pictures are all below.

image-3691642881.jpg
This is my new colony of polyps, I would like to propagate them, any tips/advice would be nice.

image-3130136168.jpg
This snail was a hitch hiker. I hope he is good because I haven't seen him since I took this picture. I think he is cool and hope he didn't get eaten or die. I would appreciate an ID or tips for care if anyone knows.

image-2845003830.jpg
I believe this is an asterina star, I think they are cool and from what I have read they are good, they came with my polyps and don't seem to bother them. Any tips or advice?

image-1393893171.jpg
Last hitch hiker, I think it is a bristle worm of some sorts. I would love any input on what it is and if I should keep it or not. I hope it is good because I haven't seen it in a while so I don't know if I can remove him, my wrasse was fat this morning so it might be gone anyway.

Thanks for the help and any input would help a ton.

The green polyps are zoanthids (spelling?). The snail looks like an astrea and if that is correct us reef safe. Sorry I'm not so good at seeing small pics on my phone. The worm is a bristle worm and for the most part is a good part of your cuc but probably like you said got eaten by your wrasse. Asterina (spelling?) stars are beneficial cuc members also. Nice score on the zoos btw, most of us gotta buy those or trade for them lol.

The zoas look like they might be radioactive green eyed zoanthids. Nice color.

Keithhjs said:
The green polyps are zoanthids (spelling?). The snail looks like an astrea and if that is correct us reef safe. Sorry I'm not so good at seeing small pics on my phone. The worm is a bristle worm and for the most part is a good part of your cuc but probably like you said got eaten by your wrasse. Asterina (spelling?) stars are beneficial cuc members also. Nice score on the zoos btw, most of us gotta buy those or trade for them lol.

I looked up asterea snails and I think what you saw is in my pic is an empty shell from a hermit. The snail I am wondering about is in the middle of the picture and has a small purple shell I think, it may be a slug.

That is good to hear. I haven't seen him for a couple of days, I want him on my glass but must be on my live rock somewhere. Could my six line or fire fish have decided he was a nice snack?

Back
Top Bottom