I.D please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
looks like a aiptasia i have some pics ill try to post soon for you and how to get rid of it
heres a link with some info aswell http://aiptasia.ca/

is there any thing in the tank that you want to live?
you will need to trake out everything not infected and place them into another tank
untill you have resolved it
ok fist do not reach in your tank to rip them out. they carry spoars and they will release them. the safest way that i can see is boil RO water and kalk till it looks pasty then suck it up with a turkey baster than inject it into it as soon as you inject it try to suck up what ever comes form this species

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 122
Aptasia X works great, only costs about $10 and is easy to use, no need to remove everything from tank. Just follow directions and treat it in the tank.

I may need to do that. The more I look the more small ones I find.

+1 to Beengirl. Or a pepermint shrimp. I only had it 1 time and my shrimp took care of it. Shrimp since died and Aptasia never came back, so he had already gotten ALL of it. Some people say the Pepermint shrimp is hit or miss, but for people who try, seems pretty reliable.

One of my LFS had not been able to get the shrimp for quite a while and they were having Aptasia issues in many of their tanks. When they finally got the shrimp in they put 1 in each tank that did'nt have a preditor in it. Every tank was cleared of Aptasia.

+1 to Beengirl. Or a pepermint shrimp. I only had it 1 time and my shrimp took care of it. Shrimp since died and Aptasia never came back, so he had already gotten ALL of it. Some people say the Pepermint shrimp is hit or miss, but for people who try, seems pretty reliable.

One of my LFS had not been able to get the shrimp for quite a while and they were having Aptasia issues in many of their tanks. When they finally got the shrimp in they put 1 in each tank that did'nt have a preditor in it. Every tank was cleared of Aptasia.

Wow. Some people say it better to get one from live aquaria that is already trained to eat aiptasia because sometimes they wont eat it.

I couldn't believe how effective peppermint shrimp were in a tank I was looking after. They ate huge ones practically overnight. Just make sure they are really peppermint shrimp and not camelback shrimp. The latter are predators and coral eaters.

If your LFS has 1 in a tank with Aptasia, don't buy that one. They are cheap and to me, worth the risk. But, I think they are more reliable than some people say. Best part is they get the Aptasia you don't see, unlike the Aptasia X. Mine even ate the big one.
I'm not knocking Aptasia-X either, good to have on hand. But if I ever get Aptaisia again, I'll get another Pep shrimp WITHOUT QUESTION

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom