New stuff HATCHED!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefChum518

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so two parts, one have a bunch of tiny tiny star fish all over the sides of my tank, safe to assume there good, but should the all make it what to do with them, two I also had something else hatch, very very small, move somewhat quickly......could they be copepods?

Have had some small flat worms that I have been siphoning out, I'm hoping it's not them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I can try they are extremely! Small.
I had to use a small magnifying glass to get a look and couldn't then make the out, I can just tell there moving

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407033406.905151.jpg

Not a great pic but it's all the small white specks

Well the pods part is great to hear for the pic I posted, I'll try and get the pic of what I think are the star fish, only reason I think that they are star fish is because of their shape, small dot w/ little legs

Ok best I could doImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407065982.420651.jpg

Should I try and get them out or see what happens

LFS store have me two options,1 lower water level below area and let area dry and then scrape them
Off the wall or 2 completely empty tank and basically start over

Lol! Thanks

It freaked me out! Spent a lot
Of time and money for this in-devour, to have to start back and redo everything

There's not many of them, less than 15-20 I would say!

So you think they will pass??????

Ok, will be away on vacation this coming week, I don't have anything in the tank other than a few snails and hermits, not sure what they feed on but I'm hoping the don't multiply while I'm away

Well then your tank is basically fallow...hermits and snails have almost 0 bioload. If you are going to be gone for a week with no real livestock in the tank, coming home and adding a fish may be too much for the bacteria left in the tank and cause an ammonia spike...

So what's your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom