Purple slime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AusAaron

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is this stuff a problem. Went on holiday for two weeks and came back to this stuff

ForumRunner_20120421_213108.jpg

That looks like cyanobacteria to me, which is a problem :(. You can combat the problem by doing frequent partial water changes, and making sure your water parameters are up to par.

Beat of luck to you! :)

Cheers mate. House sitter over fed. Everyday..... But all good. Do i hit it with a brush or just keep water changes going

Cant c it in photo but its really slimy and hanging about two inches off rock. Ill google what u said... Cheers redsea

Hey Aaron, I would suggest siphoning it out with someairline tubing. If you disturb it it can spread easily, it's best to remove it

Oh k. Thanks. So remove the rock. Clwan it and put it back mayb. Thanks guys

If you remove the rock to clean it, I would suggest cleaning it in old tank water from a water change, and putting it right back in. This way you won't harm any of the beneficial bacteria present in and on the rock.
You don't have to remove the rock either, you can just suck up the slime algea with a siphon on some airline tubing, and replace the water you take out with new salt water. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom