pygmy angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindsikins00

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm familliar with the pygmy angel (cherubfish), but I saw an angel at the LFS today that was the exact same body shape, grey, with the back 1/4 body colored black. He also had orange circles around his eyes. No one knew what it was, but it was $29.99 I tried to find it on a fish index website, but there where no pics that looked like it. Any ideas? Could it be a juvanile of something? I was thinking about getting it but I wanted to know more first. I wanted to add one more fish to my tank and wanted a pygmy angel of some sort. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks a lot!

Centropyge eibli ?

Centropyge_eibli.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Yea I thought that was it, but there wasn't any orange stripes. Could they just appear with age?

Angels do change color with age, primarily larger angels but smaller (centropyge) ones will have some sort of color morph as well. Drab as juveniles to more colorful adults.

Other than the bit of orange stripping, would it otherwise be a close match?

Cheers
Steve

i realise that it has been a long time since you posted this question of id but i know what it may be!! look up the sci name Centropyge vrolikkii. in australia we call them pearly-scaled angels they get to about 3-4inch and can be found along north eastern coast of australia and i think maybe hybrids towards indonesia... hope this helps you out even if its a bit late

Back
Top Bottom