Random Corals!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitchell0605

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys. So the story goes two months after getting my LR in my tank and it all cycling etc. I've got some fish in there and then these two 'corals' cause thats what they look like popped outta nowhere near each other on the same rock.

Here's a picture. They are to the left of the big plate coral. The red one at the back and the purple and white one at the front.
img_1013977_0_012851128370bdb394c46c5fb5315ef6.jpg

Any help would be great! :BIG:

Red tree looking thing in the back is a Foraminiferan, I think. (Not hard, but not soft... kinda pliable.) Good filter feeder... not a sponge, not a coral... kind of a weird little beast. They'll come and go as nutrient levels come and go.

Not sure about the purple/white leafy thing in front. Almost looks like plating/leaf coralline algae, or some type of macroalgae.

Nice looking plate coral! Make sure it doesn't wander over and beat up on that elegance coral though. You might think about moving those two a little farther apart to give you some time to react if the plate starts heading that direction.

Thanks Kurt! It's being annoying me for ages. The red one is way bigger as is the purple one. The red one needs constant cleaning, algae strands etc get stuck arouund the thin little 'branches'. :D

Back
Top Bottom