Sea cucumber/worm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RandyRhoads

Aquarium Advice Regular
This morning I found a good sized crab on my indo. A few minutes ago I found this worm looking things on it. Can someone ID the worm thing, and are the crab or worm dangerous and need to be taken out?

Attachments

• DSCN1063.jpg
    DSCN1063.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCN1068.jpg
    DSCN1068.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 147
That's some kind of slug for sure, but it's not a sea hare. Hard to say if it's a carnivore, herbivore, or omnivore, without a positive I.D. and/or watching it for a while to see what it goes after.

The same goes for the crab, but I would say the odds are it's a xanthid crab (they seem to be the most common hitch hiker crab reported) which are not reef safe. Take a picture of it.

So far I just saw it going all around my indo LR. The crab is also on that rock. I'll try to get a picture but as it is i've barely seen him. As soon as I get near he pops into a crevice.

When you say not reef safe... I have a predatory tank. A lion and Snowflake moray. Is it ok for there? I also have button polyps on my LR. Any issues? I'll try to get those pics up.

ARe you sure it's a slug? I browsed through a bunch of pictures and it didn't look like any. It looked more like a sea cucumber.

What does the mouth look like? There are quite a few slugs out there. It would take you some time to go through them all.

Back
Top Bottom