Slug or flatworm, good or bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
smithce79 said:
Once again I found something new and unkown to me in my tank. Could you please help me to identify it and should I keep it or take it out.

Hey! I have no clue what that is but I'm just 8 months into the hobby myself so maybe the more experienced aquarists can help. However, if that was in my tank...I would watch it and take note of whether it is aggressive or not like a predator or docile just like a slug. If "it" fits into your tank community without causing problems, I would leave him. He may be a good cleaner!!! BUT...you'll know if he's a naughty nuisance and causing havoc within the tank. He looks kinda scary but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt (like I'm really helping here). I wish I could be of more help but like I mentioned...I'm still in Aquarium Kindergarten!!! I'm certain someone on here can offer more. Good luck to you!!! If you don't mind...MSG me if you find out anything. Thanks!!!

It definitely looks like a type of slug to me. It seems to be able to change his shape more than a flat worm would.

Don't know what it is but I would keep an eye on it and if you see it eating coral or any other critters I would remove it.

Back
Top Bottom