Something on my live rock....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spongeynip

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, Ive never posted before here and I dont no where 2 go since im a noob at this. My digital camera is broked, but I went to a new store in town. They had a good selection of live rock and I bought some with a variety of hitchhikers. I identified the hermit crab but there's much more. One peice had a small white disk on it with ridges running into the center, and I need to identify which coral type it is because its cool and I want to take care of it. Also, another piece had a bunch of thin wiry grass only a centimeter tall growing on it. I need 2 no what it is because im afraid the grass might be toxic or sometin (the perc clowns went at it only once, and they stay away from it all the time now).

ive almost got my camera working again, but the coral is still doing great. Its just a thin white disk... while the grass is only getting longer

Do a google image search for Astrangia, Paracyathus and Phyllangia. Sounds like it might be one of those or possibley a species of non-photosynthetic Corallimorph.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom