Starfish on my new Zoas ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got a new zoa rock, neon green centers!

On the rock I found the red starfish, doesnt look like a brittle so I thought I would ask what I should do with it!

What is it?!...Good or Bad?!

PA090803_1.jpg

It's hard to tell by that picture. What is the color or other destinguishing features?

LOL sorry I know it is a bad pic, they are litterally still drip acclimating, and the shot is through the bag and the container!

It is reddish brown with round limbs. I appear to have darker molted patches on its arms.

The pic is as good as I can see it now too.....I think I am going to put it in my sump for the time being.

It could be a Burgundy Sea Star, they tend to have 6 legs. It may be harmful to clams, sponges, and small anemones. Maybe someone knows better.....

I was going to say that I have a blue licknia and he`ll crawl on my corals and keep on going but when he gets to the zoo`s he`ll stop and stay for awhile so every time he gets on them I pick him up and move him to other side of tank. If you move him dont expose to air as some stars will die if exposed. Put him in a bowl in the main and pull the bowl out and drop it in your sump and take him out. Good Luck.

He isnt actually on the zoas, he is on the rock under the zoas......I picked a couple asternias off that were actually on the zoas though.

Back
Top Bottom