Stomatella?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaRick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Fairly sure these are Stomatella. They came on a frag of corals I just purchased. It's my understanding that they breed pretty quickly. Just wondering if I should add them to the DT or not. I know they're pretty good algae grazers....I just don't want my tank to be full/overtaken by them.

Attachments

• IMG_9958.jpg
    IMG_9958.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_9959.jpg
    IMG_9959.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_9960.jpg
    IMG_9960.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 96
I never had an issue with them in my DT, but I didn't feed often.

Yeah, I'm ok with them and I'm very particular about what i have creeping around my tank. lol For some reason they just look like they fit in with everything...

have you noticed my newfound respect for the bio-diversity of my tank? ROFL

I'm just being silly, don't mind me...hehe

No, I completely understand. I like having all types of critters in my tank besides just corals and fish. =)

I have them in my tank. Their numbers have dwindled down heavily for some reason, but TBH I rarely notice them. Of all the snails/crabs in my tank, I only ever notice when my giant green starsnail goes crawling past...and at an inch wide it is hard not to notice him.

They do not breed that quickly. I'm not sure about the larger one, but the smaller is definitely a stomatella snail.

Back
Top Bottom