Thincat thank u

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

factorboa

Aquarium Advice Activist
well people have identified them before for me when they first started out i got polys growing and purple mushrooms and this other stuff which has been growing very well, thats why i wanted to know why how long my light needed to be on, i did have aptisa but my peppermint shrimp sorted that out for me.

Attachments

• DSC01329.jpg
    DSC01329.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 62
this grew on the first day of having live rock,live rock has been in the tank for about 3 months, it grew off my live rock and done very well in the tank thats why i wanted to know how long the light should be on, i got told by 12 hours i think that is wrong and i dont want to kill them thats y i need info sorry to be a pain in the backside best way of putting it lol

Attachments

• DSC00634.jpg
    DSC00634.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00635.jpg
    DSC00635.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
unless they arent corals, i just see them as corals cause some shops near say they are corals and i dont beleve shops since i came on this site :) acept from 1 shop said to inject aptisa peppermint shrimp will never sort out apitisa and they did thats 1 ship gave me advice that they would :)

oh and the last pic is quite good cause when it brake off it clings onto something etc other live rocks

Soooo... wow. Lots going on in those posts. Kind of stream of consciousness stuff.

Lights - 10 hours is probably a good target, depending on your lighting type. Anywhere between 10-12 is probably "normal" depending on the lighting type.

Unknown coral - looks like xenia to me. Super easy coral to keep and can be a pest if it likes your tank because it will grow like a weed. Literally.

Aiptasia - I don't think that shop necessarily gave you bad advice. Peppermints are hit and miss when it comes to controlling aiptasia. The only sure fire way is Joes Juice/kalk paste/other chemical means.

thank u very much i will do that :) thanks for the help, i know sometimes peppermint shrimp dont do the job but they did for me :) lol

Back
Top Bottom