Unidentified fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure but it looks alot like a grouper I caught once while fishing from a pier in south Florida.

I will take a better pic when I get back in town... Description...he changes from dark to blotted (as in pic) to almost white... He's neat... He swims sideways near the surface especially at feeding...when i caught him near a floating dock reef he was swimming like that near floating reeds...I thought he was maybe a dwarf angel...idk...ugh.LOL..

Yes! Awesome believe that's it. Thanks! Anyone had them? I have him 2 striped burfish, 2 matted file fish, and one sargasam/ frog fish..

I was just coming to tell you it's a triple tail. When read that you caught it floating near weeds I knew it right away. But I see someone already beat me to it

I looked on every saltwater enthusiast site... I thought dwarf flame angel.but new it was different... He's a neat fish...he got so hyper at feeding time a few weeks ago he jumped out the aquarium! I heard smack... Scooped him up n put him back in LOL... He was fine thank God..

Nice fish. I have been doing studies on the relationships of the genus (Lobotes) to other fishes. I'm sure you've now looked up information on the species (L. surinamensis) and are aware that it grows to over 3 feet long. I suspect they grow fairly fast too.

Tony

Yes. I researched and realized not for my aquarium...relocating this week...and yes grows fast.

Back
Top Bottom