What kind of coral...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XXFirefighter

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got this frag for almost free...
What care does it need?
Thanks
frag.jpg

Button Polyps. Also revered to as zooanthids or Zoo's for short.

A fair amount of light. That you already have with the 260Wattas over the 55. Some feed phytoplankton to them but they will basicly get food from what they can capture thru the water and from th elight.

A very nice color they are with the green and yellow centers. Good catch.

they will also take brine shrimp, once I saw that they liked it I started to feed them that also and the really perked up

will they spread to other rock?
Most button polyps will if you place a rock nearby and feed heavily so they grow.

As a side note, is it only my computer that your avatar slows to a crawl? Would it be too much trouble to change? thx. (it is cool tho)

Anemoneman said:
will they spread to other rock?
Most button polyps will if you place a rock nearby and feed heavily so they grow.

As a side note, is it only my computer that your avatar slows to a crawl? Would it be too much trouble to change? thx. (it is cool tho)

I'll change it, it's a motorcycle thing...
Sliding the rear out goin in a turn !

Thanks...
I'll feed em and I got em packed TIGHT to the neighbor rock..

also as a side note.. zoos and palythoa are poisonous and the poison will absorb through your skin or an open cut. I have experienced it first hand (I have several colonies of both zoo's and palythoa) one time while handling them to place some new colonies in my tank. My arm started feeling very warm in the water, and then hot. I then felt sick and nauseous. I started running a fever and called the poison hotline.. anyway I lived, but felt like crap for a few days after, I also had swelling in my hand and arm.. There have been people die from palythoa poisoning.. I don't want to freak you out, nobody told me and I had to learn the hard way.... They don't like a ton of flow either....

Back
Top Bottom