what kinda fish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tinman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I would love to know what kind of fish this is and some info on it. How big do they get? Are they friendly with clown fish?

img_353207_0_0c24d3b9c40cd7fd4283c1251262fee5.jpg

That is a green mandarin. They are extremely beautiful but you need to have a large tank and lots of LR to keep one. They feed on pods and do not except prepared food at all except for rare instances. If you have the pod population to support them, they are very hardy.

tripper

Clownfish aren't by any means fast. They are difficult swimmers. I watch mine sometimes and he appears to have been indulging in some spirits :mrgreen:

I've got one in a tank with chromis, clowns, tang(well, just see my profile).

No one bothers him, he isn't bothered by anbody. Just scoots along looking for pods to munch on. Gotta have a mature tank with lots of pods. Otherwise, he'll die. Some folks have had luck with them eating prepared foods, but I think that's the exception.

really? My teacher has clown fish and they zoom around the 55 gallon. One of the reasons i never get anything done. Maybe these clowns are just a bit odd?

My mandarin is so much into rock surfing, he could care less about the fish swimming around. Not like anybody's gonna buzz by him with the intent to bother.

If you've got a tank full of pods to eat and plenty of rock work for them to multiply and thrive, as well as a place for the mandarin to hunt. He'll never notice the swimming clowns IMO.

Back
Top Bottom