White round things on three of 50 rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darknessheir

Aquarium Advice Regular
found these white spots on 3 of maybe 50 of my live rocks. I have never noticed them before and when i poked one with my finger nail it was soft. they are flat and easily scrape off the rock. here is a picture hope it helps!

You can see 3 below my nails and four to the right. Also it looks like these are spots on the rock where they have been because there are oval notches in the rock.

Attachments

• wierd stuff on rock.jpg
    wierd stuff on rock.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 86
ok so 45 ppl have seen this and no one know what they are?

i was looking at my display rock and it looks like there might be some on those rocks but they are dark green. - Algae of some sort?

Wow, those have me stumped. Very small sponges maybe?

I have had a few of these in my tank (I think). Do you find that they extend at times with a kind of mouth? I think it is some sort of coral. What sort I have no idea

I have some of those too on only one or two rocks. I have been wodering what they are, but I'm not to concerned about it.

They could be Great White Shark Eggs! Not, If you think you also have some in green they may be bubble algae. That's a far left guess though.

I'm still stumped, what kind/where is the rock from?

Back
Top Bottom