Bolivian Ram Wigglers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allivymar

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my new Bolivian Rams decided to lay a few eggs the week after I got them. Good thing they know what they're doing cause I'm SO unprepared LOL

The eggs were mostly viable, and they hatched into wigglers yesterday. I've been farting around with the manual focus on my digital; think I got some decent pics :) You can just about see the eye spots on the lil guys!

Congrats. Sounds great. I hope a whole bunch of the little tikes make it.

I will give you 200 packs of oodles of noodles for a male and a female :lol: What kind of camera do you have? It takes very clear pictures. Mine tends to be blurry.

Make it a case of Kraft mac n cheese n we have a deal Mantis ;)

Have to admit; I don't know how many will survive. They won't be pulled to a grow out tank and will have to make it in the 25g. There's only 4 rams and ghost shrimp in there, so its possible some will, but I doubt all. *grin* And, I can't tell male from female until the bits are showing; this bunch doesn't seem to have real strong sexual dimorphism. Funniest part is, I seem to have 3 (!) females and one male; the other 2 are showing female bits. Poor other girls don't have boyfriends tho (whew! means less fry LOL).

I have a Sony DCS-85. They don't make em anymore; not sure why. I LURVE it! Its a great camera.

Hmm a Sony. I bet I could find it on Ebay. Do you know how many megapixels it is? The one I have is only 1 :x Id like at least 2 to 3 megapixels.

I think some of them will make it since the tank is good and planted. My rams were pretty good at getting ghost when the parents started to ignore them. Chances are though, if you do have 3 females, that male is probably gonna trade off :lol: I better get started on that mac and cheese!

Tis a 4.1 megapixel camera. Its got a Carl Zeiss lens and does mpeg movies as well as stills. And it feels like a camera; its not huge, but its not one of those teeny lil digi cameras either. My only prob with it is I can't add any lenses to it; its just not set up for it (like one of those super zoom type ones).

Weeee! We're past wiggler and onto FRY! One of em even posed for me *grin*

Allivymar thanks for posting all the pics and infor about your rams.. Very cool.. and Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom