New African Cichlid Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Verse914

Aquarium Advice Activist
Some new pics Ive taken recently...

My all time favorite cichlid (A. baenschi)...
baenschi_halfbody1.jpg

baenschi_nf1.jpg

baenschclo1.jpg

baenschi_wf1.jpg

A. maulana Bicolor 500
Amaulanashow1.jpg

This guy just recently scratched his eye very bad and is now blind :( P. taeniolatus at Pombo Rocks...
pomborocks0001.jpg

Gorgeous pics!

What did you do, if anything, to treat the guy who scratched his eye? I have one that was harrassed until he scratched (or was bit on) one eye. I put him in a QT tank with melafix for a week, and he's ok, but the eye looks wierd, like the pupil is shrunken.

thanks everyone.

shawmutt
I tried melafix and aquarium salt as well as raising the temp a bit, but it didnt work. It was just too bad for it to heal up. I have a pic of his bad side I could post, but Id hate to show it as its pretty sad (and gross) :?

I just looked at your pics. Holy S*!!!
I was wondering what is in the 20 gal long (I did not see a link). Your tanks are gorgeous and the pics are incredible!!!
What type of camera are you using?

thank you menagerie. the 20 long is not setup anymore, but I was using it as a breeder tank for my Aulonocara kandeensis, and then I turned it into a fry tank when I got rid of the kandeensis. I liked how it was setup-it was basic, but cool :)

Back
Top Bottom