Rate my new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PWattwood

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,
Please can you rate my new 24 litre tank.
It has 6 blue barred bards and 1 algae eater (hiding in picture but will post when he comes out of hiding)

image-3020172359.jpg

image-4250424221.jpg

A lot of it is personal preference. How big is your tank? I have 3 tanks, 2 10g & a 46g each of the have multiple deco's for hiding, numerous real plants with a few silk plants thrown in because the real plants are still short.

Here are some pics:

image-3030528719.jpg
This is a 10g with a male Betta & a Mystery snail

image-1383694261.jpg
This is my 46g with 3 female Bettas, 2 Chinese Algae Eaters & 2 Mystery snails. This tank I'm thinking of re-arranging, I have a pic in my head that I think will look better.

Personally I'd add real plants & a couple more hiding spots. Also if your plants are plastic be careful because some fish can get hurt on them since they can have sharp points & such, I don't know if your planning on adding more fish at some point.

Wow thanks, your tanks look really great.
Adding more plants and hiding spaces is the certainly the way forward I think then.

My tank is 25 litres, I'm not sure what that is in gallons though. It's not a very big tank unfortunately.
The 6 blue barred barbs are being moved tomorrow as I was only looking after them.
That will leave me with just the below fish, I'm not sure of his proper name!

Thats a CAE (Chinese algae eater). They get large and aggressive and have been known to suck the slime coat off other fish. Not a good fit for a 25L tank unfortunately. 25L is about 6-7 gallons. It's a good sized tank for a betta or a school of nano fish. I like the tank btw. :)

Thanks it's nice to find out what he is. I've had him for 2&1/2 years and he's still going strong. He does change colour quite a lot not sure of that's normal.
Will definitely look at some bettas, had thought of getting some lemon tetras to!

Back
Top Bottom