The beginning of a beautiful relationship!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corinne118s

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got these guys in my new tank :) was worried they wouldn't pair but they instantly did! Goby is just waiting for his house to be built. Pretty great for my first saltwater fish :)

image-1306806578.jpg

image-2627467475.jpg

image-3301301026.jpg

image-3658073261.jpg

Very nice!
So they are setting up shop in the front of your tank?

I'm thinking of getting a YWG and pistol shrimp for their relationship but I'm worried they'll hang out in the back.

They are at the front right corner so easy to see just not where I wanted them. I honestly had no choice in the matter. Within seconds my pistol chose his spot. I think people have luck with choosing spots and blocking the pistol in until he made a cove.

ah. so will they remain in the same spot for life? or do they move around and make new spots?

I think they will stay but you can move them if you fill in the cove and force them elsewhere.

Did more research turns out it's a wheelers
shrimp goby. Good for nanos :) yay

Actually my pistol decided to make caves all last night so sand is everywhere. No he's in the back hope he moves again. Good news is my goby ate right away. This morning :) what do pistols eat?

I think they will stay but you can move them if you fill in the cove and force them elsewhere.

Did more research turns out it's a wheelers
shrimp goby. Good for nanos :) yay
Don't think they will stay in the same spot mine has a network of tunnels that all join together there are at least 4 openings that I see mine in and probably one or two more that I don't know about in the back of the tank. Give him time. You can't force them to build someplace else unless you put a rock that is flat on the bottom at the bottom of the tank. Make sure you have rubble so he can reinforce his cave. Bits and pieces of coral, shells and rock rubble is what mine uses.

Ok i only have sand I'll try to find some rubble. Thanks for the tip!

i love how they pair,one of the only reasons i want saltwater

Back
Top Bottom