Wuhoo!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishychick

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm just so excited! I'm sure this tank is nothing special compared to what some people are doing, but I'm having so much fun and I am super super excited about it so I wanted to share. My new 20 gallon is coming together! Biggest tank I've ever done, first time doing a fish less cycle, first time using sand substrate and I am finally getting my corys into shoals. Thanks for all the patients and help you guys have given me on this forum to help me get this far. Fingers crossed that all new occupants do well. :dance::thanks:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 112
  • photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 109
Really nice set up you have :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Really nice set up you have :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Thank you! I know it's nothing special, but for me, it's a big deal. Thanks for looking and commenting! No one I know understands my love of fish keeping and obsession with:dance: tanks, lol,

It's very pretty! What are you planning besides the cories?

I'm not totally sure. I'm in the middle of splitting up my 10 gallon so the cories can have a sand substrate and proper shoal numbers. I had one panda, one albino and one bronze in the 10 gallon with rocks (yep, I'm a rookie) So, the current plan is;

20 tall-recently established (Marineland Penguin 150 filter, sand, planted, wood)
4 fancy guppies (in now)
6 panda cories (4 in now)
1 oto (still in 10 gallon)
More guppies?

20 long (Marineland Penguin 150 filter, sand, planted, ?)
3 or 4 albino cories
3 or 4 bronze cories
maybe 2 dwarf gouramis?
or maybe some platies?

I added 3 new pandas and the panda from my 10 gallon (Ryan Seacrest) last night and I'm getting 2 more this weekend. I thought Ryan Seacrest would be stoked, but he still seems kinda stressed about the whole transition. I have to set up and cycle the 20 long. Any suggestions are totally welcome!

I'm not totally sure. I'm in the middle of splitting up my 10 gallon so the cories can have a sand substrate and proper shoal numbers. I had one panda, one albino and one bronze in the 10 gallon with rocks (yep, I'm a rookie) So, the current plan is;

20 tall-recently established (Marineland Penguin 150 filter, sand, planted, wood)
4 fancy guppies (in now)
6 panda cories (4 in now)
1 oto (still in 10 gallon)
More guppies?

20 long (Marineland Penguin 150 filter, sand, planted, ?)
3 or 4 albino cories
3 or 4 bronze cories
maybe 2 dwarf gouramis?
or maybe some platies?

I added 3 new pandas and the panda from my 10 gallon (Ryan Seacrest) last night and I'm getting 2 more this weekend. I thought Ryan Seacrest would be stoked, but he still seems kinda stressed about the whole transition. I have to set up and cycle the 20 long. Any suggestions are totally welcome!

I would definitely do 6 cories in each. Otos like to be in groups too, although I have a single and he's quite active and healthy.

For your livebearers are you planning males only or mixing?

In the 20 you could do a gourami of some sort and maybe some sort of schooling fish.

Lots of options, really depends on what you like (y)

I would definitely do 6 cories in each. Otos like to be in groups too, although I have a single and he's quite active and healthy.

For your livebearers are you planning males only or mixing?

In the 20 you could do a gourami of some sort and maybe some sort of schooling fish.

Lots of options, really depends on what you like (y)

I'm definitely having 6+ pandas in the 20 tall. In regards to the other cories for the 20 long, I go back and forth. If I get 6 of each and want to add anything else, AqAdvisor says I'll need more filtration. I've heard since the albino and bronze are both aeneus, they will shoal together, in which case I could get 3 and 3. But I've also heard that they prefer to be with there own specific kind, in which case I'd have to get 6 and 6. So...I don't know what to do. I'd like to be able to put something else in the 20 long, when I get it set up, but I also am doing the whole upgrade for the cories.
For the livebearers, all male for the guppies and same sex for anything else I get. I'm not ready for any breeding.
I'd totally get a few more otos. I hadn't heard they like to be in groups until recently.

Your very welcome it's true your tank is really nice

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom