5,236.4 gallon tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well that is awesome and gave me come good ideas, it looks completely doable (with help) and mine will be 10x smaller very cool, i'm ready for the challenge.
and it has 318 pages of people drooling over this tank!

well that is awesome and gave me come good ideas, it looks completely doable (with help) and mine will be 10x smaller very cool, i'm ready for the challenge.
and it has 318 pages of people drooling over this tank!

Tanks like this will obviously get people looking, but it should be built first to care for fish. People's interest is a nice bonus.
I have what I have because I need it, not because I want people to drool or become jealous, many people have said "ooh I'm jealous of your fish house" really that is a horrible feeling for me. To inspire jealousy, not the goal I had in mind!
Make sure you build it for the right reasons!

Must post pictures though, no pics, no way. (That's Internet Law)(y)
(Pics of your current tanks would be encouraging, is there a thread or link?)

Mfk is the place to go for things like this, it's a common occurrence, also, the professional builders will know the sheet specs! (What we say doesn't matter, trust them, if they get it wrong, they are liable!)

I'm not being negative but I agree with fish dude, loads of people want to!
Very few do, mainly because it's not a simple job.
I'm guessing something like a 6 figure bank balance must be in place, and that must be money you can afford to waste! Even if you can drive a digger and knock up muck it will still be expensive!

I wouldn't be jealous, these things (the ones that make it) are really inspirational. So good luck! (y)

Here we go again... Do you even realize how many problems arise filtration, heating, cleaning, water changes. What about when a leak springs? Even if one built something this crazy you still have to maintain it...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

because i like to have a little extra room for them, no its because that's the exact size.

(Grammar aside, trust me I'm not bright! I do have auto spell though. . .)

Something like this, at this idea stage, would be approx 5300G.

Especially at the drawing phase, you'll never make that 0.4 work!
In my opinion, that's far too much!:lol: it's just too big!:ROFLMAO:

Only once the actual shell is constructed and the drains are in, you could guess closer, even then, factor in substrate etc, you'll still be out by a few hundred G.

You'd still need to count them buckets in!:D

All you need is 1/2" of misplaced shuttering, that's going to cost 50-150g, or you'll gain that amount! (. . .and that's not even close! Just a wild guess)
(y)

I went from 1052 litres to 794 litres (paper to production)
Last fill 860 litres, substrate is the variable.

That's 277.(908-:ROFLMAO:) u.s. gallons down to 210 odd. (According to google calc)
Scale that up! You'll be roughly 500gallons either way!

Really I'm fairly convinced this is just a pile of paper waiting for recycling, I'm not saying it's impossible, I just don't think you're quite ready!
But if you do ACTUALLY have the money and space, recruit some people!

Maybe 2-5 years of planning, you'll be good to go!

(Grammar aside, trust me I'm not bright! I do have auto spell though. . .)

Something like this, at this idea stage, would be approx 5300G.

Especially at the drawing phase, you'll never make that 0.4 work!
In my opinion, that's far too much!:lol: it's just too big!:ROFLMAO:

Only once the actual shell is constructed and the drains are in, you could guess closer, even then, factor in substrate etc, you'll still be out by a few hundred G.

You'd still need to count them buckets in!:D

All you need is 1/2" of misplaced shuttering, that's going to cost 50-150g, or you'll gain that amount! (. . .and that's not even close! Just a wild guess)
(y)

I went from 1052 litres to 794 litres (paper to production)
Last fill 860 litres, substrate is the variable.

That's 277.(908-:ROFLMAO:) u.s. gallons down to 210 odd. (According to google calc)
Scale that up! You'll be roughly 500gallons either way!

Really I'm fairly convinced this is just a pile of paper waiting for recycling, I'm not saying it's impossible, I just don't think you're quite ready!
But if you do ACTUALLY have the money and space, recruit some people!

Maybe 2-5 years of planning, you'll be good to go!

I get the idea your a glass half full type of guy lol. (*No insult here, I mean this in the best possible way, really, thought I should asterisk this as forum posts rarely convey the true nature of a comment)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i wasn't really going to do it any time soon, i just wanted to get plans so when i do get the monny i can start right away, i'm not trying to rush it, that's why i'm getting ideas now

This isn't really the place for plans for a 5,000 gallon tank.
You post build threads here, not structure integrity threads. I doubt anyone here could really help you at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well i,m also looking for advice on what i should keep in it, when i need the acrylic ill go to a local custom aquarium maker

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have plans for filtration drawn out? I'd think you'd need at least one room dedicated to filtration. I'd plan that, how to hear it and figure out all the plumbing before even deciding to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

i'm going to have a separate room with heating, filtration(will be custom or a pool filter with special medium) and equitment

I would finalize some plans, talk to a aquarium maker, get some renderings, and the work on stocking the tank while it's being built. You can't stock until it's built/cycled anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well i like to know what fish i'm getting before i get the tank, because a angel might need a taller tank thank a catfish who may need more area.

Back
Top Bottom