Another DIY led light thread!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanRamirez57

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just consolidated 2 75 gallon reef aquariums to One 180 gallon reef and want to build my own led light setup but can't find one that I think will work for me. I'm looking at a really low budget and am currently running a 8 bulb T5ho setup that worked great in my 75 but I see dark spots on the end of the 6 foot tank. I am planning on having all types of coral and would like something that would grow bright light coral and have a night setting and a bluer look. Thanks for any help or guidance in advance.

i looked into rapidled but it was going to cost me more to do 3 led panels through them than it was to just buy 3 taos....doesnt make sense at first but it does after you really think of it. still im not about to do more work AND pay more money

Exactly. Depending on what you want this fixture to do (you definitely want it to be able to handle any corals and also be dimmable), for a 6 foot by 2 foot tank there is no cheap way out. I priced what it would cost me for a 6' tank a few years ago and totally skimping on things it was still like 500 bucks. Taotronics (or similar) panels would cost maybe 350.

Back
Top Bottom