removable planter pots?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm setting up my 29 planted and I need some help. I'm using one plant for the carpet and want to make sure nothing inter mingles like my jungle of a 55. So my idea is to just use planters for basically every non carpet plant. The thing is I want these planters to be removable. So I want something like an empty cup stuck in the substrate that I would then put the actual planter. With the plant in. This way I could remove the plant without disturbing everything around it.
Any ideas? I just can't seem to find anything that fits together like this that might be about 3" tall and preferably black to match my black diamond.

Thanks! Hoping to get something by this weekend so I can start setting this 29 up and breaking the 55 down.

If you don't mind clear see through. I've seen some DIY made out of plastic water bottles just cut to size and maybe a few vent slots in them and your good to go. I've used container's from fruit like blueberry, strawberry, mixed fruit...that already have the slots in them and I just cut the top flap off.they work perfectly. Already squared and a lot of room.

Thanks I was thinking of hitting the dollar store or hobby lobby. Maybe even just using small stackable Tupperware containers

Back
Top Bottom