sump room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ohio reefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys, i'm moving to a larger house and placing my aqurium in the basement. it has a large utility room that i plan on using as a sump/fuge room. does anyone have any pics of thier sump rooms? or anyone know a web site to check out?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

mark+

Check out my gallery for my sump that is in my utility room I just did. I used a rubbermaid cattle trough 100 gal and have been very pleased.

You coul say I have a sump/fish room. What I did was put my 80 gal tank on the finished side of the basement and then there is a simple paneled wall between it and my fishroom. I cut some holes in the paneling and ran the plumbing thru the wall and I put my sump (30 gal tank) in my fishroom on the floor.

Its really not much different than having the sump under the tank. The only difference is there is a wall between the two at this point.

thanks all! any pics or diagrams anyone has would help tremendously.

i can't find any sites on the web about it.

mark

Here is my sump room. Sump is on the floor and the refugium is in the back. I have since put the 20 gal tank in a 32 gal rubbermaid container for overflow protection :) I also added another container for the top off that sits beside the sump.

This has been up for about 2 months and all is well. I wish it was a bit wider but it uses the space well. Hopfully moisture won't be a problem over the years.

Back
Top Bottom