A New, Bigger Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davy 1983

Aquarium Advice Activist
im bidding on a new bigger tank for my freshwater blackmoors, the tank used to be used for tropical fish is it still ok to use if i give it a good clean out?

Most, if not all, of those inbuilt filters are underpowered. What size is the tank and how many goldfish do you have (and plan to keep)? You will need to upgrade the filtration IMO.

its a juwel 65g, i would like to put a under gravel filter in it if i can, ive got 3 young black moors, but would like to put more fish in it to.

65g is good. :) you could easily fit 5 fancy goldfish in a tank that size with adequate filtration. I would strongly advise steering away from the undergravel filters. They can become nitrate factories because of all the waste trapped underneath. IMO you'd be better off getting a HOB (or two) or a canister. Goldies are messy so you want to aim for a filter (or filters) that can turn over 10x the tanks volume per hour. On a 65g tank your looking at 650g/h.

Back
Top Bottom