Back from the Poconos and .....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcolon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got back from vacation Friday and although my fish were fairly well cared for ... one of my Male Green Tiger Barbs (did I mention they're my favorite) had a white patch on one side of it's body and it's fins looked nipped/ ragged. I QT'd him in a 4 gal bucket with dechlorinated tap and Aquarium Salt ... and did a big PWC on the DT which I was intending to do anyway.
It probably didn't help that the light was shut off so the tank went a few days dark:facepalm:. A couple of the leaves of my amazon sword were transparent.:banghead:

After church today, I intended to get some Meds ... but ended up putting it down .. it's condition just got worst. IDK what happened but he had an injury to that side (missing a couple of scales)for a couple of months ... guess he re-injured and got infected? By the time I got home ... guess I was one week too late:nono:.

Today I did another PWC and the other fish are fine ... no signs of injuries or health issues. In fact one Albino Barb that had nipped fins has healed.
STILL this one hurts!!:(

Sorry about your fish Jose :(. I know for a fact you did everything you could for him. I'm sure he was happy that you've been the one looking out for him and giving him great care during his life.

Back
Top Bottom