Children tank disasters!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My brother thought has was bugging me by unplugging my filter... Doesn't even have anyfish in there yet and he though he was going to ruin the whole $265 worth of tank, plants, lights, etc....

When my aunt was little, my grandma had a 20 gallon seahorse tank. Well my aunt found some tobacco and fed it to the fish. Needless to say they all died.... Poor things.

My brother thought has was bugging me by unplugging my filter... Doesn't even have anyfish in there yet and he though he was going to ruin the whole $265 worth of tank, plants, lights, etc....

When my aunt was little, my grandma had a 20 gallon seahorse tank. Well my aunt found some tobacco and fed it to the fish. Needless to say they all died.... Poor things.

Redneck seahorses, lol!

I came home from work one day and looked in my 38 gal.. To my surprise there where three odd colors ball shaped masses kinda rolling around at the back of my tank. In a panic I took to cleaning the tank and see what was going on. After pulling ten gallons I got all three. At a squeeze they were semi-firm. I turned around and asked my girlfriend if she had seen anything like it. Her reply was "oh that's from the hotdog I was feeding them".

Well my pets are kinda children in they need me for care so here's mine. My cats enjoy lounging on top of my 50g tanks hoods all the time to get the best view of the room and drink water from the filter return (even though they have their own fresh water bowl). I can't for the life of me get them to stop. Just next to my 50g was my 20g tank which they took to using that day as I cut off their usual route to the tank. I was getting water into my bucket in the bathroom for a pwc and had left the lid open on the 50g. All of a sudden I hear a jump, then a crash landing followed by the sound of sliding plastic and finally a splash. My cat hadn't seen the lid up and tried jumping from the 20g lid to the 50g. I assume she freaked out seeing water where there was supposed to be her landing strip and fell back on the hood of the 20, causing it to fall into the tank. Thankfully my 2 yellow bullhead were ok but the hood and light were toast. Now I have the bullhead in a spare 55 I had with no lids. Stupid cat hasn't learned it's lesson and still jumps onto the 50g hoods. Maybe I should completely take the hood off and hope it tries to jump again only to go swimming. That would teach it.

Well my pets are kinda children in they need me for care so here's mine. My cats enjoy lounging on top of my 50g tanks hoods all the time to get the best view of the room and drink water from the filter return (even though they have their own fresh water bowl). I can't for the life of me get them to stop. Just next to my 50g was my 20g tank which they took to using that day as I cut off their usual route to the tank. I was getting water into my bucket in the bathroom for a pwc and had left the lid open on the 50g. All of a sudden I hear a jump, then a crash landing followed by the sound of sliding plastic and finally a splash. My cat hadn't seen the lid up and tried jumping from the 20g lid to the 50g. I assume she freaked out seeing water where there was supposed to be her landing strip and fell back on the hood of the 20, causing it to fall into the tank. Thankfully my 2 yellow bullhead were ok but the hood and light were toast. Now I have the bullhead in a spare 55 I had with no lids. Stupid cat hasn't learned it's lesson and still jumps onto the 50g hoods. Maybe I should completely take the hood off and hope it tries to jump again only to go swimming. That would teach it.

Funny!!!

my sister needed a fish for her school presentation. After I caught her fish, i told her to get some filtered water. She returned with a water bottle as a temporary home. As soon as the fish entered the water, he froze up. I asked my sister where she got the water and she said from the refrigerator. The fish was then warmed up and survived.

Back
Top Bottom