Do You Eat Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do You Eat Fish?

• No, I do not eat any fish.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • I eat only salt water fish.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I eat only freshwater fish.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I eat both fresh and salt water fish

Votes: 56 68.3%
  • I eat only fish I have caught.

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

absolutangel04

Daphnia are People Too.
Just curious to see who eats fish and if people have thoughts about it.

Personally, I am very cautious about my fish choices because of sustainablility.

I like most fish. Last couple of years we have done a lot of birthday dinners (both mine and my wife's family) at sushi restaurants. I know some people have a hard time with eating fish and owning them as pets, but it doesn't really bother me. Besides, guppy's don't look all that tasty.

I love eating fish! Baked, grilled, fried! And every other way! I can't eat sushi though, the texture triggers gag reflexes like mad lol. Although I can have shrimp tempura.

I don't see the connection from fish I eat to fish I keep, it's just not there.

I'd like to play the stereotypical english guy and say I only really eat battered cod and chips. Lol Cod is over fished, and in the uk were starting to get alot more captive bred cod and replacements which are labeled as cod, but are not.

Sushi makes me hurl, and other seafood makes me gag, I hate the 'fishy-sea' smell. At the same time I love keeping fish and other aquatic creatures.

The turtle I keep is mainly bred in its native country for food. Bamboo shrimp also are mainly bred for food, and probably most of the species of inverts like crabs etc are all bred in their native countries for food. Random how a 'snack' in one country can cost us large amounts of money in another to keep as pets.

Yes I eat both types pf fish. My dad was a fisherman and we would have different types of fish different times of the year.

shell fish is my favorite though. (fresh caught, not the store bought stuff, GAG)

And sushi is quite good as well.

I don't like the taste of seafood. I do fish though and if I catch anything that is a keeper, I have a whole line of people waiting for it. ;)

I eat both saltwater and freshwater, but I really prefer freshwater. I have to say it is hard to beat bluegill and catfish.

The reason I only eat what I catch is because I do not believe in over fishing and fishing with nets. Tons of dolphins, turtles, etc die from those nets.
Me too.
I am very cautious about my fish choices because of the massive by-catch that comes with some ocean fish. I do not eat tuna ever for this reason, because even the dolphin-safe tuna kills other species like turtles and sharks. Not trying to be self-righteous or anything. Just stating what I do. Thats all. :)

I couldn't handle eating fish. I got tricked into eating some and when I felt the texture I started puking and hyperventilating. I feel like they are just as much a pet as any dog. I could never eat a dog.

But, since finding out I'm allergic to beef, pork, and poultry, along with dairy, I am supposed to eat fish to help keep up with my intakes. I try to eat saltwater fish once a week since I try to imagine it is some huge gross fish that is very far away from my fish evolutionarily-speaking. It was a huge hurdle to cross. I would much rather stick to non-fish supplements.

I guess I'm the only person that feels this way so far. I don't force my views on anyone else and even my boyfriend (who is a much more obsessed and experienced fish-keeper than me) loves to eat fish and my father is a hardcore fisherman.

Fish is quite tasty. I like both fresh and sw. I like fresh crabs and shimp more I think though. I dont even know if it would be possible to keep some of the fish we eat as pets.

no i dont eat fish beacuse i dont like the taste and i have lots of fish and i dont find it fair

i dont eat fish,i think it tastes disgusting. i like fishing though,and we(my family) give fish we catch to my pepe.

I love all seafood. I try to stay away from endangered or unsustainably harvested species though.

Back
Top Bottom