FFE: For Fish Entertainment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emi929

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What do you use to keep your fish busy/entertained? Bubble stones, floating things.?? I put plastic beads in, some float some sink, the ones that float get whooshed around by the filter and everyone loves to chase them around. The are too big to eat though.

What do you use to keep your fish busy/entertained? Bubble stones, floating things.?? I put plastic beads in, some float some sink, the ones that float get whooshed around by the filter and everyone loves to chase them around. The are too big to eat though.

For my guppies, I feed them. Let's face facts, there's like a bakers dozen in there, and they seem to keep themselves plenty entertained to begin with.

For my gourmi's, My fiancee working at her computer seems to provide them hours of entertainment. They'll just sit and watch her for hours. (I'm not kidding.) The white clouds in that tank are to Zen to need entertainment, as far as I can tell.

Emi929 said:

I mess with my fish by putting my finger at the surface. The beads sound fun though. My Betta loves the filter current and swims in it a lot.

That's what the guy from my LFS did til a moray eel got hold of him and opened his finger to the bone lol.

Walk by, they go crazy following us around and they really like when the kids sit and stare at them I think they are doing a play maybe even putting on a circus.

I test my water! I keep the supplies on the edge of my stand while testing, and they all swim up to the front and watch, then when I put in the test tube to get the water, they swarm it like it's a new fish! I actually had a guppy get inside it once!

The danios I have go crazy when you run your finger along the glass they also like when I put my finger immune tank. Very nice fish to watch as do energetic

I had a jaguar cichlid (managuense) who loved his small, round rock. He'd move all the gravel in his tank over to one side then roll his rock up the gravel hill, let it roll back down, then roll it back. He'd do this for hours.

Our pygmy cory cats play with empty snail shells. We have one who has a bit of a belly compared to the others, it like to hide in a shell and "pounce" another pygmy that swims by.

Our JDs play with an amazon sword leaf. They do a relay thing, passing it off to the other one as they swim the tank.

Ok, today I put this tiny air filled ball about the size of a golf ball, in the tank. Everyone is lovin it! They jutt into it and pass it around. I would highly suggest doing something like this, either with a styrofoam ball or air filled one. Provides endless boredom busting!

I had a clam from PetSmart that would fill with air that my Leopard Ctenopoma enjoys playing in. He would wait for the big bubbles to come out and ride it up to the surface. Now that I think about it, I should probably give it back to him since he has forced me to remove most of the fish from the tank and is holding a 55 gallon tank between him and a red-tailed shark.

my crayfish entertains herself by rearranging my tank,and the fish chase each other(kinda like tag,no aggression)and tease my crayfish

I use a feeder with a prong on the end that holds A piece of shrimp, scallop or a clam and move it around the tank while they are bite'n away at it.

Ok so today my little cousin decided her "littlest petshop" needed a bath......in my angelfish tank -__-" I came in and discovered when she took them out, she forgot some bird animal or something, and it half floats, half sinks, it looks super mega cute and the angels love playing "volleyball" with it. So now you can go ask all the 4yr olds to put a "pet" in for your fish to play with . Lol

Fishy Fun!

Hi there.
Just wondering really, what do you do for your fish to keep them entertained? Ball floating? Bubble/airator machine?

Or do they entertain themselves?

Interesting and quirky ideas... 3...2...1... SHOOT! :)

kinda lame but my fishies really like to follow my finger on the outside of the tank..seriously...they love it! its like a game they can never win! haha!

Back
Top Bottom