Got a cat NOW WITH PICS!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gillie said:
I tried locking him in, but he goes ballistic and tears up the house. He's like a chainsaw with feet.

Ouch isn't even the word to describe it, even though the pain didn't come for a couple days. I was kind of wishing that it was a Pirahna attack again at least it was painless while it happened.

Try lavender oil on him, that calms cats down, and is usually used when transporting them in a car (in a carry case of course!!!), most "Natural cat calming solutions" are based on this so it's cheaper to just go to a herbal shop and buy some oil... :)

Also, catnip, the plant that is, can help calm him down for about 10 minutes, it's like a drug for them!!! :lol:

As for the pain, I know what you mean, some of Spud's slice and dice attacks have been ok for a couple of days (stinging, but not really pain) then the day comes when your hand is in agony when you try to use it!!! 8O

Gillie said:
Thanks for the tip on lavender oil, it worked like a charm and my wife loves it. :D

A calm cat and a happy missus, sounds like a case of two birds with one stone... :D

It's a shame the vets don't use this when keeping overnight or examining a cat, it'd save on buying plasters (Band-aids in the US I think)!!! :lol:

After reading this, which I am glad that you rescuade him. :) I wold also like to see a picture of your new friend. :)

But anyway while I was reading this it reminded me in a way on how we got our cat mama. She was a stray and it was in the middle of winter, and she was also very pregnant. Well I brought her in cause it was colder then heck out that night and she didn't have a coloar on and looked like she was due at any min. Well the next day we asked around the neighorhood to see if the where missing her and everyone said no. So to make a long story short about week or two later, she had 6 kittens and out of the 6 we keep 2 of them. Cooper and Bootsy. And if I can find that picture when they where only an hour old. I would be glad to post it, if you want me too.

One more thing then I will shut up. When you guys where talking about them bringing presients home for ya. Yeah try a bat, and I still to this day can't figure out how they got a bat and it was in the middle of night when they are flying around eating bugs in the sky. Also thanks for that oil trick, I will deffenly remember that for when it is time to go to the vet. :)

zao said:
After reading this, which I am glad that you rescuade him. :) I wold also like to see a picture of your new friend. :)

But anyway while I was reading this it reminded me in a way on how we got our cat mama. She was a stray and it was in the middle of winter, and she was also very pregnant. Well I brought her in cause it was colder then heck out that night and she didn't have a coloar on and looked like she was due at any min. Well the next day we asked around the neighorhood to see if the where missing her and everyone said no. So to make a long story short about week or two later, she had 6 kittens and out of the 6 we keep 2 of them. Cooper and Bootsy. And if I can find that picture when they where only an hour old. I would be glad to post it, if you want me too.

One more thing then I will shut up. When you guys where talking about them bringing presients home for ya. Yeah try a bat, and I still to this day can't figure out how they got a bat and it was in the middle of night when they are flying around eating bugs in the sky. Also thanks for that oil trick, I will deffenly remember that for when it is time to go to the vet. :)

That's a nice story, glad to hear that she had her kittens ok... :D

Normally they have a nest made up for birth, but I guess if it was freezing cold, she and the kittens would not have survived at all in it... :(

As for the bat, how the heck could a cat catch a bat??? My only theory was that it was already dead on the ground and, like Spud & the rabbit paw, brought it back pretending to be the big clever cat.... :lol:

I think I will mention it to my vet when I go back next time, his hands would appreciate it. Smokey still gets real wild with him.

I still haven't gotten my new camera yet. It was time for vet visits for alot of my little friends so I am waiting for my vacation pay to get one, but I will definately have pics soon.

Gillie said:
I think I will mention it to my vet when I go back next time, his hands would appreciate it. Smokey still gets real wild with him.

I still haven't gotten my new camera yet. It was time for vet visits for alot of my little friends so I am waiting for my vacation pay to get one, but I will definately have pics soon.

Personally I just comfort a cat while it's in the carrier (I have one which is a fold-away design with a zip up top) and that helps to keep them calm as they know someone familiar is there, I also make sure that if a cat is to stay there overnight that I put something with them (Spud has her Fleece blaket and my mum's cat "Dave" has a beanie cushion he posses on (possing as in massaging something like they were a kitten feeding from their mother)... :)

As for cameras, it's always handy to have two, personally I have a vivitar somethingorother and my Nokia 6230i cameraphone, the latter being just for quick snaps and the Viv. for nicer pics... :mrgreen:

I borrowed my friends camera for a while so here he is.

Attachments

• smokey_1__custom__211.jpg
    smokey_1__custom__211.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 38
  • smokey_2__custom__165.jpg
    smokey_2__custom__165.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 41
  • smokey_3__custom__186.jpg
    smokey_3__custom__186.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 39
  • smokey_4__custom__139.jpg
    smokey_4__custom__139.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 34
I am very happy that he moved in, he's my new buddy. Yes he is quite the character he grabs my hand now when he wants attention. I just wish he wouldn't use his claws :lol:

Gillie said:
I am very happy that he moved in, he's my new buddy. Yes he is quite the character he grabs my hand now when he wants attention. I just wish he wouldn't use his claws :lol:

"Mog", the cat that moved in with me, used to scent the back of my head when I was sleeping and when I tried to roll over to get him off my back he dug his claws in to my back and neck!!! 8O

But he was a friendly fella, I just wish he didn't tear through my bin like he was still a stray!!! :(

I had to put a childproof sorry cat proof latch on the cabinet where I keep mine.Otherwise Smokey opens the door and gets trash all over.

Gillie said:
I had to put a childproof sorry cat proof latch on the cabinet where I keep mine.Otherwise Smokey opens the door and gets trash all over.

Well, my bin is just a freestanding thing, I'm not that keen on having one in a cupboard leaving things to go smelly and then gas you to death when you open the door!!! :lol:

But that's the thing about former strays, they continue to behave as though they had to do this to survive, even if it's not necessary... :)

Anyways, I'm thinking of getting Spud a cat harness, so I can take her outdoors without having to worry about her running out infront of a car... :mrgreen:

EDIT:
I might be getting another cat, well kitten actually, tomorrow, depending on whether it's current temporary owner let's me take it home with me (she's gotten attatched to it even though she got it for me!!!)... :D

Ok, I didn't get the one I was going for, but the friend from which my brother's fiancee got that kitten from had another, the sister, so I have him now... :D

And the poor things had a bit of a nasty encounter prior to being rehoused as some local kids were apparently throwing them at a wall!!! 8O :x

But thankfully neither are suffering any obvious signs of injury, but I'll get him checked over at the vets (assuming they don't find anything to charge me for!!!)... :)

uu`

juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiik

(He says Hello!!! :mrgreen: )

Attachments

• pict0033_884.jpg
    pict0033_884.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 25
Haaha, my cat's name is smokey too.
img_830651_0_95c9702a6ab6ef12c060c4c5f90e6b8e.jpg

I haven't thought of a name for my new little fluffball, it's not easy thinking of a name when I wasn't actually planning on getting a cat... :lol:

I know how that is. The day or should I say night that I gave smokey his name, he was sneaking through the smoke to try to catch the leaf embers floating out of my fire pit.

Gillie said:
I know how that is. The day or should I say night that I gave smokey his name, he was sneaking through the smoke to try to catch the leaf embers floating out of my fire pit.

I was thinking you called him that as he's a lovely smokey grey colour, the only name along those lines for my kitten is Sooty... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom