How do you care for your fish on the way home from the store..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you transfer your fish home from the store?

• Hold them in your hand

Votes: 36 24.2%
  • Have a passenger hold them

Votes: 38 25.5%
  • Toss them in the seat beside you

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Have a "fish seat" carrier for them

Votes: 23 15.4%

• Total voters
I lay the bag in the front seat, touching the back of the seat. I honestly buckle them in. The seat and seatbelt in my 88 festiva work rather well.

I place them in the seat beside me, not toss them. I like the seatbelt idea, just in case I need to hit the breaks hard.

I place them in styrofoam (sp) box winter or summer, and drip acclimate them upon arriving home.

Since I can't drive yet on the way home I hold the bag in the air from the top. Thus when we go over a bump or something of the like the water doesn't splash. The bag sways a little. The fish notice nothing. When I get home I then slowly acclimate them.

Throw 'em in the seat beside me, crack a beer and floor it all the way home :bandit:!! Nar....

The LFS gives out completely blackened carry bags. I'll build a nest around it to stop it rolling (bucket seats help too).

30 min round trip to both my fav LFS's - including a gentle drive home.
Lucky really!

My son holds the bag for me. He dangles it by the top bit and holds his hand underneath 'just in case.' Then he gives me a play-by-play report of what they're doing.

"The black one just nudged the bag, Mom... The grey one is swimming more than the black one... I can feel the water sloshing.... Are we home yet?"

I put them in an empty styrophom cooler wraped in some newspaper and mabey a handwarmer if its winter time. I make sure they survive the 1hr trip home from my LFS!!

some times i just throw them in my saddle bags on my harley thay like to ride

I usually bring along a syrofoam lined box from a previous on-line purchase and put that on the back seat or floor. Som elfs have their own boxes and heat packs if they know you live far away.

Back
Top Bottom